- Prevents continuous oestrus (on heat), which can cause behavioural changes such as excessive vocalisation, clawing furniture and carpet and unwanted visitors (tomcats).
- Prevents mating which therefore decreases the chance of cat fight abscesses and feline immunodeficiency virus (feline AIDS)
- Prevention of pseudo (false) pregnancy’s which can be traumatic for the cat and owner.
- Reduce the risk of mammary tumours and eliminates the risk of pyometra (infection of uterus) which can occur in maturing cats and are life threatening if not treated.
- Prevents congenital abnormalities such as cleft palates/lips in kittens.
- Unwanted kittens and/or problems during pregnancy and birth. These problems can include caesareans, mastitis, and eclampsia, which are often unexpected costs.
- Prevention of behavioural problems associated with male hormones. This may include territorial aggression, unwanted urine marking (for example inside your house), straying to find a queen in season.
- Reduces overpopulation and unwanted kittens.
- Prevents congenital abnormalities such as cryptorchidism (retained testicles) in kittens.
- Prevents mating which therefore decreases the chance of cat fight abscesses and feline immunodeficiency virus (feline AIDS).